Our friends at Journeys in Film have developed a Discussion Guide for Safe Place. Safe Place does include graphic and difficult content, including Jared’s death and violence against him. He is also partially nude in various shots.This film is appropriate for mature audiences.The introduction to the film in our discussion guide includes guidance and insight for viewing this film responsibly and thoughtfully. We invite you to approach this film with care and to do so using this free resource as an important tool to guide engagement with this film and the topics it explores.
Discussion Guide Contents
- Facilitation Guides
- Jarod Draper: A Life Cut Short
- An Introduction to the Film
- Director’s Statement
- Criminal Justice Reform: Improvement and Changes
- Law Enforcement Officers and Other Jail Staff: Training and Accountability
- Trauma, Substance Abuse, and Mental Health Challenges
- What Is a Safe Place?
- What Can You Do? Community Action and Engagement